Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Leaf

Brooklyn Botanical Garden

The Leaf on my lap is perfect and beautifully discolored.  That which lives on this Leaf is very well fed.

The circle of nature continues life.  This Leaf was once a tiny seed in the sun.  It fluttered in the wind in the Brooklyn canopy after losing its hold on the branch.  The tree which birthed it has now directed its nutrients to other leaves.  The Leaf's hold became weaker until it had to let go.  It fell and floated to the Earth to feed the tree, which gave it life.

I contemplate that perfect balance of sun, wind and water.  The Leaf thrived and lived, then realized its own life in this City.  There are millions of leaves here, balanced and evolving little lives.  They are perfectly circular motions of nature.

I am following exactly the same journey.  I rejoice, knowing that whatever concept of "Heaven" I have, is here now.



No comments:

Post a Comment