Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Check Up/Follow Up




  • I had a doctor's appointment this morning, which was simply a check up/follow up.
  • Ironically, I sat in the waiting room listening to this week's Rich Roll podcast, in which he interviews Brendan Brazier.  They discussed how we only go to the doctor when we're sick, not when we're well.
  • My doctor is on vacation.  I was sad to learn that.  Who was I going to meet with?  Dr. LF and I get along so well.  She really understands me.  Cue the covering Dr. B.  She is a "let's sit down and talk" first doctor, just like Dr. LF.  They are both excellent listeners.  I told her my story.  She had blood drawn.  We checked my cholesterol, blood sugar, and for anemia of all things.  I'm sure it's because I said the word "vegan" to her.  She also thought that my good cholesterol should be a bit higher.
  • But she was amazing, truly bad ass since before the invention of reality television.  She recently retired from the military and moved to New York to be an actor.  I would cast her in a second, but we both chuckled at the fact that at least she had that little medical degree to fall back on.
=============================
Here you'll see my training progress, based on my "Penguinspiration," John Bingham.  One day I'll figure out how to import a spreadsheet.  For right now, enjoy this screen shot. 
==================
I call these my Vegan Savory Cupcakes.  I've got two warmed bialys, topped with hummus, chickpeas, zucchini and carrot shavings.




No comments:

Post a Comment