Tuesday, May 6, 2014

FUCK ME! FUCK MY iPOD!!

MY BELOVED JAY
(over very many periodic obvious situations)
Uh . . . Hon.

ME
Yea.  I know.

It happened again.  
I reached down to push the belly button
of the woman who lives inside my iPod
to check my stats

I was doing REALLY well
I had a quarter of a mile left
I was pacing at 12:something per mile
Which means a 38:something 5K

And then poof
the music stopped
and the miles erased
I had reached for her belly button since the last episode
While I do this for fun
I like to know how I'm doing when I'm out there
I had run so much of my training session

AND the last time
I reached for the volume
not the How Am I Doing belly button

But fuck it.  Those of you who have been following me recently know that during the next few days I will complete my goal 60 miles in 4 weeks.  And we all know that I will have done so six miles ahead of whatever Nike+ tells me.  

The miles inside of me can never be lost.

Or to quote my former Sensei Hector once said about gym trainers: I don't need some mother fucker to hold the bag and count for me.  I learned that shit in kindergarten.


No comments:

Post a Comment