Friday, September 12, 2014

Vegan Shop-Up

The truth is, I've never been to the Brooklyn Vegan Shop-Up.  Every month I put it on my calendar, and every month either work or races intervene.  But I will make it there one day soon.

There are times that I am out with friends and I'm the only "pain in the ass" vegan at the table.  Not that I care since I eat what I choose to eat.  I also shocked when a fast food delivery car passes me on the street.  I can't possibly be the only one who has seen Forks Over Knives.  But then again, at the present moment, I am solely trying to better my life.  I'm not looking to evangelize fruits and vegetables, nor convert anyone.  That is what I am returning to school in January for.

For now, I am simply thrilled that the Vegan Shop-Up exists in my home Borough.


Endless Summer Shopping List!

Here you go! A sneak peek at the goods to grab at tomorrow’s Vegan Shop-Up!
  • Lagusta’s Luscious  – Go mad for chocolate with S’mores Bars, Toffee, Peppermint Patties, Apple Caramels, Thyme-Lemon Caramels, Turtle Bars, Strawberry Bark, Fig & Fennel Bark, and Smoky Corn Bars!
  • Kitty Jones – Score some fun for your feline! Catnip Mice, Kicking Sticks, Cat Scratchers, Kitty Teepees, Kitty Grass, Throw pillows, and more!
  • Monks Meats – Tamale time! Feast on homemade spicy tamales served with Gustavo’s red and green salsas!
  • Grape Cat - Shopping at its finest! Belts from The Vegan Collection, Vaute Couture Sweatshirts, and Fall Purses and Wallets from Matt & Nat!
  • Brooklyn Rose Vegan Bakery – Catch the brand new Gluten-Free Chocolate Maple Pecan Whoopie Pie! Plus Choc Spice Cookies and Mini Cupcakes with Soy-Free Frosting!
  • Little Choc Apothecary – Holy Crepe! Gluten-Free sweet and savory Crepes like Mushroom Spinach and Sage, Homemade Seitan Cucumber and Cheesy Garlic Hummus, Peach Jam & Almond, and Lemon & Sugar. Plus, Fig Walnut Cacao Nib Cookies and B12 Brownies!
  • Spanky’s Kitchen – First time vendors! Enjoy Espresso Fudge Brownies, Walnut Fudge Brownies, Oatmeal Raisin Blondies, Choc Chip Cookies, Blondies, and more!
  • Sweet Maresa – Stock up on the famous S’macaron, Halvah Macarons, White Peach Frangipane Pastries, Rock Scramble Cookies, and so much more!
  • Meow Meow Tweet – Be the first to grab the new Fall/Winter Cinnamon Coffee Soap, and Frankincense & Flowers Body Oil! Lush!
AND, don’t forget other favorites like Yeah Dawg, Cinnamon Snail, Alchemy Creamery, Tamerlaine Farm, Freakin’ Vegan, and Chai Mookie! Find the full event details in the post below, and the FULL VENDOR LIST HERE!
Vegan Shop-Up is NYC’s first and only all-vegan market, and it’s only once a month(well, in Brooklyn)! And all during the best vegan bar’s happy hour!
Vegans, Non-Vegans, Prospective Vegans, Family of Vegans, Friends of Vegans, Fans of Vegans, WE’LL SEE U THERE!
All Shopped-Up,
VSU
Saturday, September 13th12- 6pmPine Box Rock Shop12 Grattan St.Bushwick, BkFREE!
21+

    No comments:

    Post a Comment