Monday, September 29, 2014

Bronx Hustle

It was a beautiful run.  I toured a neighborhood that I never would have visited had I not done the Hunts Point Hustle 5K this past Saturday.  And truthfully, if I had a small bank roll, I would totally invest in this neighborhood.

We started in the absolutely gorgeous Hunts Point Riverside Park.  The finish line was at Barretto Point Park, another beautiful spot.  Who knew?





Between the two was a lot of asphalt and a lot of warehouses.  There was very little protecting us from the sun and the heat.  I just kept moving, saying "good morning" to everyone I passed, mostly cops and warehouse workers.

My course time was 43:50.  According to Nike+, we ran further than 3.1 miles.  Who's right?  Who cares.  My body is very happy, and much stronger.




No comments:

Post a Comment