Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Body Is Craving Greens



  • I have returned from illness.  I swear to you that I haven't been this sick since college.  There was one semester when drinking, all nighters, managing the men's hockey team in some of the coldest rinks in North America, and Buffalo winters joined forces in my body so badly that I had to drop two classes and incomplete two others.
  • And tomorrow, I return to running after a 7 day absence.  I have missed my running shoes so much.  I have missed being out there.
  • And after a week of binge eating vegan comfort food (yes, such a thing exists) my body is craving fresh vegetables.  I stopped at a farmers market today in downtown Brooklyn, moments after being dismissed from jury duty.  Kale.  Cucumber.  Zucchini.  Parsnip.  Turnip.  Why didn't I buy some of those gorgeous heirloom tomatoes.  I'm realizing this as I type.
  • OH!  And by the way, I stopped by Organic Avenue last night after work.  I literally got there 2 minutes before they closed.  As a result they were completely out of both their Dragon's Breath and turmeric shots.  So I went for it and got a whole 14oz Medicinal Green juice, based on a recommendation from a running sole sister.  And of course I couldn't resist gabbing a Rockin' Raw Cinnabun.  It is just a perfectly sized vegan treat, and the flavor is beyond comprehension.  You can check out Rockin' Raw's restaurant at: 171 Sullivan Street in New York City.  
  • G'night everyone.  Stay as healthy as you can.  It is so important.
From: http://www.grownyc.org


I know I know.  But what can I say.  When you're sick in bed, and you feel like your dead, just heat and eat.    And so I did.  From: http://healthiswealthfoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment