Sunday, February 2, 2014

Vegan Hot Chocolate

With very little training during the past few weeks, I turned in my second best 5K time.  And it feels good, really good.  For me, the course was a beast, with quite a number of hills.  But I just dug deep and threw everything I had into that pavement.

So many images went through my head during those 40 minutes.  I don't fight them, I just allow the thoughts to come and grow organically.  And as I took my final hill, I watched Jay take his last breaths again.  This slide show was presented to me a few times, then iTunes filled my brain.

And of course . . . I crossed the finish line to "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga.  Fitting, yes?

iRock,
K



Hi Karen!

Congratulations on finishing the NYCRUNS M-M-Manhattan Hot Chocolate 5K on February 01, 2014!
Your time of 40:52 gave you a 13:11 pace per mile. There were 18 finishers in the Female 40 to 49 age group and 274 finishers in the race. Your overall finish place was   254 and your age group finish place was 18.

Results are available at http://www.nycruns.com/results and on our free iPhone and Android apps.

Awards will be available for pickup by the end of the week. Please wait for the final results email to be sure you are an award winner.

Thanks again for running!


The Team at NYCRUNS

No comments:

Post a Comment