Thursday, February 6, 2014

Go(what the?)gurt

Okay,

I have been seeing commercials for Gogurt, a lot of them.  Now, I've never been a fan of yogurt, even when I ate dairy.  And I know that two of my little cousins, who are now both teenagers, loved Gogurt when they were younger.  So I got abundantly curious and visited the Yoplait web site to read the ingredients.  Now, to be fair, they have all of these weird flavors: Cool Cotton Candy, Sponge Bob Sponge Berry, Twisted Screamin Green Apple.  I mean, if Yoplait is marketing this crap to children, they have to give it fun names.  They can't really call it "Crap In a Tube, Disguised a Healthy Alternative, We Hope Your Children Get Crack Addicted To."

So I went for the "Naturally Flavored, Simply . . . Gogurt."  And now I have a few questions:


  • Do you know where kosher gelatin comes from???  Fish bones!  That's right.  I swear to you.  There's fish in the Yoplat
  • If they're telling me that Simply…Strawberry is naturally flavored, then shouldn't one of the ingredients be . . . I don't know . . . strawberries
  • How can they tell me that no artificial color's are used, and then say that they use vegetable juice for color.  Now let's say that they are using a very natural tomato for color, shouldn't they call it "Simply . . . Tomato"
  • And do they really have to warn me about the difference between cows treated with hormones vs. ones which are not, while selling me a dairy product?
But don't worry about any of this.  The kids really love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment