Monday, December 16, 2013

The Potato Makes Another Appearance

I was at a place tonight called Bareburger.  There are several locations all over the City.  I happened to be in the East Village location doing an open mic.  The food there is excellent.  Even a vegan like me has a choice between burgers, and quite a few other food options.

I was good.  I ordered the Farmers Salad and it was amazing.  Greens, radishes, cucumbers, raw red onions, grape tomatoes, topped with warm diced portabella mushrooms.  I chose the thai peanut sesame ginger dressing.  It was fantastic.

But after I performed, I got really hungry.  And I was surround by people eating all sorts of hot food.  And I couldn't resist.  I ordered the fries.  They were incredible, so delicious.  I don't know why I still feel bad about it.  It was a small side order . . . from Bareburger . . . not Burger King, excuse me, it's BK now I believe.  Well B of K recently came out with their healthier Satisfries.  And I'm sure the Bareburger fries do not contain as many ingredients:

SATISFRIES: Potatoes, vegetable oil (contains one or more of the following oils: canola, soybean, cottonseed, sunflower, corn), tapioca starch modified, contains 2% or less of corn starch-modified, paprika extract (color), rice flour, salt, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to maintain natural color), turmeric extract (color), xantham gum. 
The good news is, contrary to a previous post about potato ingestion, I am indeed still a vegan.  I'm training, working out, and feeling great.  I've used Ambien only once this past week.  And I couldn't tell you the last time I had a headache.

Rock on!

From the beginning, the Plant Power Diet . . . brought me tremendous energy.  I felt lighter.  My energy levels escalated . . . My thinking became clear.  Absent were those lulls I'd felt after meals, those food comas I thought I just had to live with.  And any depression I felt began to subside.  In short, I felt amazing.  My strength and endurance levels increased quickly and my cravings for dairy--even my beloved cheese--slowly dissipated.
I'm not a doctor.  I'm not a nutritionist.  I'm just a guy who started paying really close attention to what he was putting onto his body.  A guy who undertook some study to better understand which foods do what and why.  And a guy who liked the results so much that he started taking on challenges that he'd never even dreamed of before.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment