Friday, December 13, 2013

Started reading Finding Ultra by Rich Roll during my very long commute home from work tonight.  Before I knew it, my very local train had me five stops away from my apartment.  Here is what has resonated with me most so far:

What I failed to realize at the time was just how poorly one can eat on a vegetarian diet.  I'd convinced myself that I was healthy, but when I paused to reflect on what exactly I was eating, I realized that my diet was dominated by a high-cholesterol, artery-clogging lineup of processed foods, high-fructose corn syrup, and fatty dairy products . . . Technically, I was "vegetarian."  But healthy?  Not even close.  Without any true understanding of nutrition, even I knew this wasn't a good plan.  Time to reevaluate once again.  On my own this time, I made the radical decision to entirely remove not just meat but all animal products from my diet--dairy included.

No comments:

Post a Comment