Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I watched "Don't Get Sick After June" today as I worked out in my apartment.  The film got me so angry.  Sometimes I don't understand the country in which I was born and raised.  But the powerful final summation gave me hope.  There are indeed other people in America who think like me.

I spent today with my sister and cousin in lower Manhattan.  We stopped at one of my favorite spots, May Wah, a vegetarian market in Chinatown on Hester Street.  I picked up several vegan treats.
Navigating my meal at Wo Hop was a little bit tricky.  I have been visiting this Mott Street gem since the 80s.  To think about putting this place on the moratorium shelf next to my uneaten traditional shabbos challah makes me a bit sad.  I tried my best today, and ordered the Buddha Delight with brown rice.  No, I didn't watch them make it.  I'm not certain what the sauce was made of, and I truly hope the noodles under the veggies were rice and not egg based.  But I'm not a drill sergeant, just a vegan who is trying to maintain good health and train for some races.  It truly was a great plate of food.  Sharing the table with family made it taste even better.
Now check my fortune from today (I swear) and rock on!





No comments:

Post a Comment