Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Okay.  I really like my new doctor.

We sat and talked for a while, and she immediately thought that I was over medicated.  When I explained the past few years to her, then she understood.  She thinks that the gynecologist, who told me a year and a half ago that I was pre-menopausal was way off target.  When I told her that he drew me a progesterone/estrogen graph BEFORE examining me, and made his assumption on my age and state of mental health, we both agreed that he needed to be replaced.  I told her that I was more regular now than I was when I was younger.  She totally believes that I could still have a baby, and thinks I should start right away.

Yea, I know.

She was intrigued by the fact that I was a power walker, and made me demonstrate to her how I do it.  She saw similarities in our respective religions, as do I, and mentioned that it's good to have that as a foundation.  This to me was a major plus.  She was impressed that I go to an organic herbalist in Chinatown, who says "there are times you need to go to a doctor, a real doctor, not a Chinatown doctor."

My blood pressure was ever so slightly elevated.  I told her that never happens, that my blood pressure is usually excellent.  She attributed it to her having me talk about three back to back to back traumas and is not concerned.

Blood was taken.  A referral was given for a mammogram, as well as a new gynecologist.  Blood was taken.  My weight was 131.  THAT is a little bit high for my taste.

I've now had my green smoothie and I'm off to power walk.  See you along the shore.


Check our my Chinatown organic herbalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment