Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Some Verse


A late afternoon run
Pushed it
Ate
Then filled with exhaustion

Checked out early to bed
Morning came
Migraine
So bad that my face hurt

Apartment no relief
Drug store
Forced
Excedrin my savior

From temple to temple
Iced face
Chill
Organic crackers too

Leafy greens blended with
Carrot
Juice
Coconut and berries

Nursed myself back to make
Home brew
Tea
Drank some hot good potion

Vegan body fighting
One egg
Path
To day 1 since 14

Well I am reclaiming
Body
Health
With a forward motion

What a great day it is
By chance
Rest
From my running program

--Karen 7/8

----------

Not all was lost today.

Made my own power bars out of dates, coconut, apricots, tahini and cashews.

Here's what happens when you take your kale and lentil stew and mix it with pasta, salsa, and Daiya cheese.  Let me slap myself on the back as I think about the flavor in every single bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment