Monday, July 28, 2014

In Your Head

You need the daily collision with the asshole in your head.
--Dan Harris, on meditation

While Dan Harris has been a reporter since the early 90s, he is best known for having had a live, on-air panic attack.  He has since come clean about his addiction issues, written a book about his experiences, and has become a huge proponent of meditation.


Meditation has come up a lot during my Reclaiming research.  I was taught at a very young age the importance of prayer.  Trust me when I tell you that I have no intentions of shaving my head and moving back to Crown Heights.  But I would like to incorporate some regular formal chanting into my wellness.  In my world, that means morning minyan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays, and of course, sabbath services on Saturdays.  But I am going to search for minyans outside of my neighborhood

My insomnia has been way out of control, but we'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment