Sunday, July 13, 2014

I LOVE YOU PENGUIN

I've got to say this, and it's a bit difficult for me, so I'm just going to blurt it out.

The Penguin's training program isn't working for me.


  • The part that I like the most about running . . . is the actual running.
  • I totally and completely respect John Bingham, and recommend "Running for Mortals" to anyone who has even a remote impulse to get off the couch.
  • I have learned a great deal from him, especially the importance rest, cross training, and not to aim too high too soon.
  • Would I like to better my 5K times?  Sure I would.  But that's not why I'm doing this.  There's a much greater pursuit here than a finish line trophy.  I want to get out there and go . . . and just keep going.  Yes, the body needs rest.  Yes I need to work other exercises into my week.  But I need to run more than three days a week.  I want to see where it takes me.
  • The Penguin's 5K training program is absolutely perfect for anyone who works a standard full-time job.  What my bank accounts lack, I make up for  with personal time.  Living the life of an artist does have it's advantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment