Friday, July 4, 2014

Racing the Rain



I have completed week #2 of my running program.  If you click on the link below the penguin, then you will be able to see my progress.  Now, since I was scheduled to do two 5Ks this week, I am adding a Week 2A.  This will allow me to return to John Bingham's instructions in Running for Mortals.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzGP_JoxFzFKbVltT1laUnRySGY0M2J6bVAxbGpXYlBseGJ3/edit?hl=en&forcehl=1

Well, after two nights in a row of working in the rain, I woke up this morning at 5am, completely prepared to conquer my second 5K of the week.  I checked the weather, before heading out to our chartered ferry, which would take us to Governors Island.  It didn't look good.  A large chain of rain clouds were heading directly towards lower Manhattan.  I thought about what the ride home would be like completely drenched, as I had experienced the previous two nights.

I went back to bed, and accepted the gift as a rest day.  I slept until nearly 11am, and of course, the sun was out when I woke up.  I can keep kicking myself OR move forward, at whatever speed I choose, knowing that there's a much greater race which I am pursuing.


No comments:

Post a Comment