Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Bad Girls



  • I have been truly bad at keeping my food log.  I'm solid for a day or two, and then I just forget to write shit down.  I have not become complacent with my eating.  I have some great stuff in my refrigerator, including: baked tofu with grape tomatoes, seitan, my kale stew with quinoa and lentils, and of course fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • I did make two minor foul ups this past week.  I feel as if my body has learned what it accepts as real food.  Rushing to a freelance gig a few nights ago, I happened to be passing near Little Atlas (https://www.facebook.com/pages/LITTLE-ATLAS-CAFE/163956110150) on West 4th Street. I can always rely on them for a variety of really good vegan sandwiches.  But I just had to have one of their vegan Oreo brownie things.  And of course, it was delicious.  But as I walked and at it I was really icked out by what I was putting into my body.  I had these amazing grapes in my bag.  "Why am I doing this" I thought to myself, as I tossed the remaining half into the garbage.
Then, last night, I didn't pack enough food to get me through a night of work.  I thought that I could make do with a bottle of my fused water, and one of my magical smoothies.  That would have been okay, except I trained in the morning and didn't ingest enough calories during the day to compensate.

I fell into the trap of ordering in food, which is never a good idea.  The Chinese food place had specifically noted vegan options.  When my food came, I ate as much as I could and then tossed the rest. There was tofu of course, and the mixed vegetables I was promised were just snow peas, and lots of them.  The sauce was ridiculously spiced and way too oily.  If I were to do it again, I would request that everything be steamed with the sauce on the side.
  • And . . . ugh . . . I concede to a truly awful kitchen failure.  I have now successfully made my own power bars several times.  People at work loved them so much that they told me they would help me sell them.  Well yesterday I made way too big of a batch.  They didn't cook all the way through, so I ended up with two big vats of mush.  Lesson learned.
=====

Check out these new bad girls.  They shall replace my Asics, which have carried me 137 miles.  The Asics shall replace my current at home work out shoes, which will be donated.

Mizuno Wave Sayonara
=====

Lesser evil
Buddha Bowl
Organic Popcorn
http://lesserevil.com

Somersaults
Pacific Sea Salt
Somersault Snack Co.
http://www.somersaultsnackco.com




No comments:

Post a Comment