Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spending Less and Eating More

My momentary financial situation has had me squeezing every dollar and coin.  This happens on occasion to struggling artists who earn a living in the non-profit sector.  As a result, I have been creating some amazing meals for myself.  Luckily, going plant based has gotten me to keep a various assortment of staples in my kitchen.  


  • I took a can of black beans and put it through my Magic Bullet with some Slap Ya Mama, and I had a kick ass spread with perfect consistancy
  • I put some of my black bean spread in a pot, with a little veggie broth and vegan pasta I had.  These were the best noodles in black bean sauce I have ever had
  • I also whipped up something I found on the Amazing Grass (http://amazinggrass.com) web site.  It's called avo-banana pudding.  Are you ready?  I take a banana and an avocado and blend them together.  That's it.  I can eat it as is, as a frozen treat, or use that frozen treat as a base for a creamy smoothie
  • The vegan stew I made earlier in the week was totally made with ingredients I already had in the apartment.  And I always keep home made veggie stock in the freezer and refrigerator because it's so versatile.  You can roast ANYTHING in the oven using stock.  And the beautiful thing is I have not used a single ounce of oil in my cooking.
While I prefer to use dry, I always keep this local staple in my cupboard


    I discovered this powdered gem in New Orleans,
    now I can't live without it


    Organic frozen veggies, fresh leafy greens, vegan chicken burger, oven roasted in a little veggie broth








No comments:

Post a Comment