Monday, January 6, 2014

I’m feeling kind of gross

I haven’t been very careful this week.  I’ve ingested a lot of take out and French fries, and I might have eaten cheese tonight.  I think it’s everything: a biopsy plus two races within three days of each other.  This is how I brought in the New Year.

I have been doing things like nibbling from the vending machine at work, the thought of which grosses me out.  I got a trail mix the other day, which contained “banana flavoring.”  Banana flavoring?!  Weren’t the banana chips in the trail mix flavor enough?  I neglected to make entries in my food log three straight days.  I have not trained since my last race, and I’ve had some trouble sleeping.  I dislike the pharmaceutical remedy to insomnia very much.  I have been free of it for weeks, but recently stumbled three times.

I don’t like to let angst, decompression and PMS take control of my eating habits.  And I’m having a hard time using recovery and snow and ice as an excuse to not train.


I know that breaking my 5K record is a major accomplishment, and that awaiting test results is scary.  I have witnessed first hand that having a needle stuck into your body to remove a tissue sample causes body parts to turn purple.  My last race was only five days ago, and I have already registered for two more.

I promise that I will grant myself a fraction of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment