Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cheese! Less!


I might have blinked while this photo was being taken.  But you can understand why, considering the circumstances, yes?



My visit to my new gynecologist was followed by dinner with my best friend from college, who is in town on business.  We went to Loving Hut, 348 7th Avenue, between 29th and 30th.  We're talking about mind-blowing vegan food here.  And it's so delightful to look and a menu and just order, without having to ask an eye rolling server a thousand questions . . . or the same question a thousand times.  We shared three dishes: 
  • Primavera Mac, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, peas, corn, cauliflower
  • Crispy Vegan Burger, tomatoes, pickled cucumbers, guacamole, romaine lettuce, oatmeal/vegetable patty with to-mayo sauce
  • Mushroom Quesadilla, mushrooms, peas, corn, daiya cheese, chile pasilla sauce.


It was all so good, that of course, we had to follow up with dessert.  I let my visiting fellow(a) UB alum choose.  She went with the vegan red velvet cake, which was the best I ever had.  When asked the server told us that they bring it in from Vegan Treats, which is located in Bethlehem, PA.  How much do I love their web site?  Even though their desserts are available all over the City, I may have to take a road trip just to check them out.  Yea, THAT good.

http://www.vegantreats.com






No comments:

Post a Comment