Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I will miss you too


It saddens me that we've lost yet another incredible veggie establishment.  Over the weekend, I visited the love of my life, Viva Herbal Pizza in the East Village.  When I arrived I found a rather sad sight.  Viva was locked, dark, gutted and had a for rent sign in the window.  It makes me sad to think that I will no longer have the following pizzas so close to work.  They were all soooooo good:

Canja (V) diced onions, tomato and garlic marinated in hemp oil roasted hempseeds, hempseed nuts, hemp herbed basil pesto, calamata olives tempeh and roasted garlic on hemp herbed spelt crust with hemp herbed miso tofu

Magic Mushrooms (V) shitake mushrooms, spinach, red peppers, onions, hemp oil, hempseed nuts, hemp herbed basil pesto on a hemp herbed spelt crust with miso herbed tofu


Santa Cruz fresh tomato, broccoli, mushroom, tomato sauce, mozzarella, soy sausage onions


Seitan Dream (V) seitan, caramelized red onion, sundried tomato artichokes.


~~~~~

I'm not certain what this means for the Upper West Side location.  I'm not even sure it's owned by the same person.  I just know that we've lost some really good veggie/vegan eats recently.  I wish I knew why.

Formerly located at 179 Second Avenue

Once lived on Avenue B & 4th Street
and served the worlds greatest vegan disco fries.


Brought us joy at 328 East 14th Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment