Friday, March 7, 2014

One for Mom

This is the time of year when my mom, of blessed memory, used to begin her annual major Passover cleaning of the kitchen.  Eventually all of our everyday meat, dairy and parve pots, pans, plates and silverware would be brought to the basement and exchanged for their Pesach understudies.  After eight days, the same exchange would occur again, but in reverse.

I don't live my life as religiously as I did when I was a child.  But I think using this time of year for a cleansing ritual would suit me really well.  G-D knows my apartment could really use it.  And I think it would be an active demonstration of taking control of my health, and make room for spring.

We kept kosher all year long, and then for Passover we would amp it up.  I'm reclaiming my body in the name of myself.  Time to amp it up.

This life lesson has been brought to you by Evelyn.

Taken June 24, 2007
Celebrating Mom's 1st Smoke Free Year

No comments:

Post a Comment