Monday, April 28, 2014

From R to 1



Yesterday morning I left my apartment at 7:47am. A few months ago, I never would have been able to start an Ambien induced story like this.

I traveled from the first stop on the R train to the last stop on the 1 to do the RMHA 5K in Van Cortland Park. It wasn't my worst time but it was pretty close. I'm not sure why. The weather was perfect. I actually ran a few portions of the race. And I loved the surface of the path. It wasn't exactly gravel. It looked like crushed slate to me on top of solid dirt. Maybe it slowed me down. I will say that according to my Nike+ we actually went 4.98K.


Are the race people right?  Is my devise right?

You know what? I don't really care. I was out there and I did the race. And it felt absolutely fantastic. I turned in a 22.38 mile week and I'm very proud of that. I spent a total of three hours commuting via subway to a race I competed in for roughly 40 minutes, and I'm ready to do it again.

Of course I came home and signed up for another race. Here are how the next few unfold.  Should you choose to join me, your team or club name is Green Dub:




Saturday, May 10 @ 10am
Brooklyn PTA, Prospect Park

Wed, May 14 @ 7pm
NYCRuns Riverside Park
https://nycruns.com/races/?race=nycruns-riverside-park-series-2014
Sun, June 29 @ 9am
Brooklyn Cyclones Take Your Base 5K
https://nycruns.com/races/?race=the-take-your-base-5k-2014
Friday, Sept 5
Electric Run
Brooklyn, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment