Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ass Or Elbow, and Slomo

Guess.  Ass or elbow.



Neither.

Those are my knees after having gone rollerskating.


Now let's get something clear.  A rollerskating rink is made of wood.  Any of you who know me from way way back or way way way back know what I'm talking about: the Levittown Rink, United Skates of America.  You'd fall and get hurt, but not really hurt.  Falling was a part of the fun.

Lakeside in Prospect Park is an ice skating rink.  It's too warm for ice skating right now, but you can roller-skate or blade where the ice was.  The surface is called "CEMENT And Lots Of It," and it hurts like hell when it smacks bone and flesh

But I'm ready to head back out to the rink right now, with my helmet and gear this time.  The work out was incredible.  I could totally feel the special attention some of my muscles received.  A few times my legs started to scream WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO US?!  YOU MADE US DO A 5K YESTERDAY!!



Slomo

This video was passed onto me by an incredible performer, who I have shared many an open mic with. This video is about a man who just wants to live simply . . . and skate.  I totally get him.  Give yourself 15 minutes and watch it, all of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment