Thursday, April 24, 2014

Oh Lucky Day



Today was opening day at the new Under Armour store in Soho.  I went in search of free swag.  Instead I was encouraged to try their TRX suspension trainer.  I think I did pretty well, and the other customers were treated to my version of performance art.  AND Under Armor let me clean their floors for no extra charge.  Let the comments fly!




It is a beautiful store.  Everyone was super retail enthusiastically friendly, and they have a great selection.  Their tags were a little bit pricey, but I was in Soho.

The part that I hated, the part that got me really annoyed is . . . that they have New York everything.  Under Armour New York.  Under Armour Harlem.  Under Armour  Brooklyn.  Under Armour Mike Tyson Brooklyn.  I'm not kidding.  But none of that shit is made here.  Not in New York.  Not in the US.  It's all from China and Malaysia.  And it drives me bananas that none of my athletic ware is made anywhere near America.  

What are my options?
I think I should start with contacting the major companies.



No comments:

Post a Comment