Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Lost Miles

FUCK!!!!!












So I'm out there today, busting my ass.  I tear up Shore Road.  I conquer Owl's Head Park like no simile I can think of right at the moment.  There's work being done at the BQE underpass, so I continue south along Shore for my return trip, and I cut through the Narrows Botanical Garden.  I'm keeping a great pace.  I am keeping some of my mile minutes below 13.  Just as I'm about to hit the steps down to the park, I reached down to lower the volume on my iPod.

And that was it.

It all stopped.  The music.  The timer.  The woman in my iPod who keeps me updated during my power walk.

And then I stopped.  

I searched my iPod for the three miles I had just completed.  I mean, I'm trying to do 60 miles in four weeks.  I can't just lose 3 miles like that.  But they were gone.  My body certainly knows I completed them, but according to my technology--

Fuck it.  I just restarted my application, and hauled ass for another two miles and that was that.  As far as my 60 mile goal is concerned, I have found an 8 mile route in the neighborhood for me to do on Thursday.

By the way, I keep my iPod in this amazing contraption called a Spi Belt.  When I reach down to change the volume or check my progress, I do so blindly, while my iPod remains in its holder.  There just may have been some human error here.  And yes, I would be that human.


No comments:

Post a Comment