Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Beyond the Kale

One day I might stop quoting Rich Roll on my blog.  Today is not that day.

Food is a super important aspect of this process of transformation.  I personally and truly believe that it's the best place to begin the process of changing your life.  But it's also very easy to get overly caught up in food.  To get stuck.  To get dogmatic.  To get hung up on labels.  And ultimately fall prey to a disposition that, I don't know, truncates your ultimate growth potential by arresting your development.  Because you become overly focused , at the exclusion of other areas of your life with what's on your plate.  

For me, I cleaned up my diet so I could raise my energy levels, so I could shift my consciousness, and then direct that new found bounty, in search for greater purpose and meaning, and new directions in my life.  It's what we call "going beyond the kale."


So don't get me wrong.  Food is the great step.  It's an important step.  It's a crucial step.  But it is not the end of the inquiry, the journey.  The quest goes on.  Food is at first an important step, but it's hardly the be all end all.  


--Listen to more at http://www.richroll.com/podcast/rrp-107-tim-van-orden-runs-beyond-the-kale-why-personal-growth-begins-with-self-acceptance/


But since we're on the subject:

Yesterday, I put some cut vegetables in a pyrex dish.

I put a cucumber and grape tomatoes through my Magic Bullet.

I added olives and a few other other goodies from the antipasti bar.

I poured it over the veggies . . .

. . . and baked.  Of course there was some water at the bottom of the pyrex, which I poured out.  The rest of it was oh so good.  And not a single ounce of extracted oil was used.

No comments:

Post a Comment